Contract negotiation and consortium agreement (FP7) Print
How to get prepared and negotiate your contract and your consortium agreement?
Training being held by former EC Officers having hands on experience in EU R&D projects.
09:00 Welcome of participants and introduction
09:30 Session 1 : Analysis of the experts’ evaluation report and preparation to the negotiation
- Analysis of evaluators comments
- Preparation of the negotiation meeting with the European Commission (EC)
- The negotiating mandate of the EC
11:00 Coffee break
11:30 Session 2: Workshop - How to well negotiate the contract with the European Commission?
- The team and the negotiating timetable
- Collection and validation of administrative forms
- Preparation of the Technical Annex of your project
- Preparation and submission of the detailed project budget
- Use of special clauses
13:00 Lunch break
14:00 Session 3 : The consortium agreement
- Key provisions of the consortium agreement
- Choosing between the different models of existing consortium agreement.
- When preparing the consortium agreement (preparation and / or negotiating phase?)?
- Key factors of success for the preparation of a balanced agreement.
- How to be prepared internally for negotiating the consortium agreement?
15:00 Coffee break
15:30 Session 4: Workshop - How to well prepare the consortium agreement between partners?
- Clarifying the objectives of negotiation between partners
- Governance structure and decision-making mechanisms.
- Negotiation of intellectual property aspects.
- Establishing a system of financial management.
- Partners’ agreement and signing of the consortium agreement.
17:30 Conclusion and close of the day
Contact: Natalia Rivas - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: +32 (0)2 213 00 30