Newsletter special edition – Eco-Innovation 2010 call for proposals
The European commission recently launched a call for proposals in the framework of the Eco-Innovation programme.
This call concerns the 4 following areas:
1. Recycling materials
- Better sorting processes and methods
- Innovative products using recycled material or facilitating material recycling
- Business innovations to strengthen the competitiveness of recycling industries, such as new market structures for recycling products, supply chains or harmonised manufacturing - and recycling processes.
2. Buildings and construction
- Construction products and related processes that reduce consumption of resources, embodied carbon and production of by-product wastes
3. Food and drink
- Cleaner and innovative products including packaging aiming at higher resources efficiency, reduction of waste and greenhouse gas emissions, or/and increasing recycling and recovery;
- Improved efficiency in the water consumption;
- Innovative cleaner products, processes and services aiming at reducing the environmental impact of consumption of food and drinks.
4. Greening business and green purchasing
- Innovative products that will decrease environmental impacts and use less resources;
- Services facilitating a better match between supply and demand of eco-innovative solutions and helping eco-innovation into the market;
- Substitution of materials with reduced environmental impacts and higher resources efficiency, substitution of scarce materials and increased use of secondary raw material
- Greening of production and clean production processes.
- Gradual innovation by introducing re-manufacturing mechanisms and innovative repairing services
Download our Newsletter special edition for more information
For a free evaluation of the success chance of your idea of project, contact your expert!
Jorge Negrin Dastis
Energy and Environment Department